View RSS Feed

NaomiL

1. Things About Digital Game Downloads That Annoy Me

I’m old-fashioned. I’d much rather buy a video game on a disk. But then I’m also impatient so sometimes I’d rather just buy the digital copy of a game then wait for the disk to come by mail. Since downloading my first digital copy of a game (Left 4 Dead) I have had many struggles with various digital gaming platforms. I’ve had many a struggles with Steam attempting to get it to work or open or update. I get annoyed every time I have to create an account in order to be allowed to play something I’ve ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Basically I Love Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn

My favorite video game of all time, hands down, the game I compare all other games too (well, at least all other RPGs to) has to be Baldur’s Gate II: Shadows of Amn. There are only a limited number of games I’ve played through all the way through more than once. Baldur’s Gate II, I’ve done it more times then I can’t count, both co-op and single player.

Part of it, to be fair, is probably nostalgia. I played it when I was about ten for the first time and loved it. I role played it ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Co-op Board Games

Recently I’ve completely fallen in love with co-op board games. I think it’s an extension of my love of playing co-op video games; Left 4 Dead is high up on my list of coolest games of all time, and while I’m not a huge fan of war video games I’ve always enjoyed the co-op multiplayer levels of Operation Flashpoint.

There’s something that feels so much more challenging about co-op board games then regular ones. I invariably lose normal player vs. player board games so I’m not sure ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized