View RSS Feed

ashlan·nathens

Supply and Demand

Rate this Entry

Hi pax!

I wanted to give you all a rough idea of where I'm at in terms of time for development of the SoX site.

Some of you who have known me since my days in TOG know I am somewhat of a workaholic when it comes to graphics and site development. The last 2 years I needed to dramatically step away from that to enjoy the true pleasure of being a parent; Jasmine is now better at Portals than I am. She's 6 in 11 days from today, and can already make it to level 16 unassisted. Anyone who played the original Portals might fully comprehend what that means. I have spawned a bona fide genius.

Anyway, to give you an idea of my workload, I am currently managing the following sites:
This is the reason I had been only partially involved with the development of The Twilight Gamers (with whom I still maintain a good relationship and am still actively sporadically assisting) - I simply don't have the time. I also have to go to one of those real jobs and earn actual cash

Having said that, it is always fun to help get a new project up and running quickly. Squirrel and myself have worked together for many moons now, and since my gentle attempts to teach him the finer arts of Photoshopping have not yet come fully to fruition, I am very happy to be part of the development of this new venture, The Gaming Standard.

I plan to develop this blog into a GFX how-to, so please follow it if you're interested in how the graphical elements of the site are developed. Several headers went live today and I'm not too unhappy with them; feedback so far has been positive (except from Squeak. And she is welcome to improve them whenever she sees fit to open Photoshop).

Anyhoodle, good gaming all, and hopefully I will get a little time in game in the near future!

Updated 09-13-2011 at 05:42 AM by Ashlann (updated category)

Tags: gfx Add / Edit Tags
Categories
GFX Blog

Comments