• IMPORTANT - Public Announcement re: security

From the problems we saw in Guild Wars 1 with Squirrel's account being hacked and the new release of Guild Wars 2 upon us - we wish to remind all members to be vigilant about account security:

Ensure you have a secure password on your primary email account. This should be an absolute minimum of 8 chars, and include a mixture of alphanumeric characters (upper case & lower case) and symbols. Ideally, you should have several such passwords and change routinely.

Ensure you have control of your NCSoft master account. I am constantly amazed at how many people do not know how to access this, or are unaware that it exists.

Ensure you use different passwords for different accounts. Do not get into the habit of using the same password on several services: ie your gmail account, guild Wars + facebook.

Use a different email account for registration security. It is not a bad idea at all to have some secondary, private account that you do not transmit mail from simply for registration & control of game passwords.

Ensure your PC security/malware detection is up to date. if you are getting key logged, it doesn't matter how securely you set your passwords, they will have them. This is an absolute must.

If you are concerned about your account or PC security, talk so someone! Don't ignore the problem, because losing everything is heartbreaking and often very tricky to undo. Losing control of your primary email account could cause you many more problems than you at first imagine.

I highly recommend Gmail or gApps mail domains - with the potential for secondary accounts to gain control of linked accounts if they become compromised. Too many times I have heard of people losing control of their email accounts with absolutely no way of getting them back.

Please take the time to make sure you are in control of your accounts and the security of their associated passwords today.

Thanks.
  • SoX Must See Video

• Random Fun Gaming Video

• Where Are We From?

Flag Counter